Chatham Turkey Trot (MA) FAQ
1. How can I get one of those great Chatham Turkey Trot long sleeved shirts?
Free long sleeved Chatham Turkey Trot shirts are ONLY available to those people who register by November 1, 2017. If you register online, you have until midnight on 11/1/2017, but if you send it in via mail, it needs to be postmarked by 11/1/2017. We will have some shirts for sale on Wednesday, November 22 nd 3-7pm at the UUMH in Chatham, and at the event. The shirts for sale will be first come, first served, while supplies last.
2. How can I register for the Chatham Turkey Trot?
You can register online at RunSignUp.com until midnight on 11/19/2017 (if you want a shirt, this needs to be done by 11/1/2017). This registration option adds a fee to each registration, but you can register multiple family members with one fee. The fees are a percentage of your total registration costs. For example, a family of 4 would pay $4.80 in registration fees. If you want to avoid this extra fee, you can download the registration form (here) and mail it with your check to: Chatham Turkey Trot, P.O. Box 62, South Chatham, MA 02659 or bring the form with you to the event.
3. Does the Chatham Turkey Trot have a limit to the number of participants?
No, the more the merrier! You can still register the day of the event from 7AM – 8 AM (but remember that you can only get a shirt if you register online or by mail by 11/1/2017). We will close the RunSignUp online registration on 11/19/2017 at midnight so that we can get organized for the event.
4. Is the Chatham Turkey Trot in Massachusetts or New Jersey?
Good question – this Chatham Turkey Trot is in Massachusetts. If you are looking for the New Jersey event, please go to www.thechathamturkeytrot.org
5. Can I bring my child(ren) in a stroller?
Yes! This is very much a family-friendly event.
6. Can I bring my dog?
Regrettably, no. As our number of participants has increased, we find we can no longer accommodate the family dog. We hope you understand, as we will miss them too.
7. If I register by the deadline and get a shirt, when can I pick it up?
We will have an early bird shirt pick up / grocery drop off on Wednesday, November 22 nd , 3-7pm at the Unitarian Universalist Meeting House, 819 Main Street, Chatham, MA. Go in the basement entrance on the Queen Anne Road side. You can also pick up your shirts prior to the event from 7AM-8AM on Thanksgiving morning at the Pre-Registered table.
8. How many grocery items do I need to bring?
No specific number, just fill a bag with non-perishable grocery items. Re-usable grocery bags are always appreciated!
9. What should I bring / wear to the event?
Groceries and money for our fantastic raffles & pie sale. Dress warmly. Costumes are encouraged but are optional, and bring your Thanksgiving spirit!
10. Tell me more about the raffles?
We had over 65 raffle items in 2016 donated by local stores. You can go to the SPONSORS link to see the list of donors. Raffle tickets are available before, during and immediately after the event, and the drawing usually starts at 9AM. Prices for tickets are as follows:
- 1 ticket for $5
- 3 tickets for $10
- 6 tickets for $15
- 10 tickets for $20
You don’t have to be present to win!
11. And how about the pie sale?
We have a variety of homemade pies available at the Chatham Turkey Trot ranging from gluten free choices to apple & pumpkin, and even a mud pie.
12. What happens if the weather is bad?
The Chatham Turkey Trot goes on rain, snow or shine!
13. I have a big family that I want to register; do I need to fill out a separate form for each person?
No, you can put the whole family on one form.
14. What size shirts are available?
We offer kids sized shirts in small, medium and large. Adult sizes are small, medium, large, XL & XXL.
15. I want to volunteer at the Chatham Turkey Trot, whom should I contact?
There are many volunteer opportunities, the day before, the day of & the day after the event. Please contact Mary Parsons at 508-432- 7194.
16. Why don’t you have numbers for the participants?
This event is a family friendly / non-competitive event. We don’t keep track of times or places so that you can walk or run with your family and enjoy your time together.
17. Where does my registration fee go?
All money raised by the Chatham Turkey Trot goes to the Lower Cape Outreach Council to support their mission to provide emergency assistance of food clothing and financial support to individuals and families in Brewster, Chatham, Eastham, Harwich, Orleans, Provincetown, Truro and Wellfleet which will lead to healthy, productive and self-sustaining lives as part of the Cape Cod community.
18. What if I registered in time to get the great t-shirt, but end up not being able to make it to the event – what will you do with my shirt?
All shirts need to be picked up by 9am on Thanksgiving day. We will no longer be able to hold shirts after the event.
19. The Chatham Turkey Trot sounds like such a great and meaningful event! How can I become a sponsor of the Chatham Turkey Trot?
Please contact Linda Redding 508-945- 1798 or Mary Parsons 508-432- 7194, or email
firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for considering becoming a sponsor!
20. What’s the best way for me to keep up with the Chatham Turkey Trot on a regular basis?
We are on Facebook (search Chatham Turkey Trot), Instagram @chathamturkeytrot and Twitter @ChathamTrkyTrot
21. What grocery items does the Lower Cape Outreach Council need?
- Tuna fish
- Beef Stew
- Canned vegetables: corn, peas, green beans
- Cooking oil
- Canned Chili
- Canned Pasta
- Progresso Soup
- Rice-A- Roni
- Pasta sauce
- Canned peaches, fruit salad, pears
- Cold cereal
- Tooth paste
- Paper towel
- Toilet paper
- Dish detergent
- Bath soap
- Peanut butter
- Pancake mix
- Mac & Cheese
- Pancake mix
- Laundry soap
22. What is the mission of the Chatham Turkey Trot?
To raise funds, food and awareness for non-profit organizations in the lower cape community, while fostering and building relationships with families, local businesses and schools.
23. How far is the Chatham Turkey Trot? And what is the route?
The Chatham Turkey Trot is 3.1 miles long. We will start out on Stage Harbor Road, take a right onto Cedar Street, left onto Battlefield Road, left on Champlain Road and then end up back onto Stage Harbor Road. You can take a video tour of the route at the bottom of the main page of our website: www.ChathamTurkeyTrot.com
24. Are there bathrooms available?
There are bathrooms and port-a- potties at the start / finish, and around the 2 mile mark.
25. If I can’t make it to the Chatham Turkey Trot, but have already registered, can I get a refund?
If you are unable to make it to the Chatham Turkey Trot, please consider your registration fee a donation to the Lower Cape Outreach Council, as we do not offer refunds.